OHIO FIRE LAWS:
Ohio Revised Code 1503.18 Regarding Kindled Fires.
Prohibits outdoor open burning statewide in unincorporated areas during the months of March, April, May
October, and November between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
This ban includes burning of yard waste, trash, and debris even in proper burn barrel.
- During Spring, wildfire danger is high before plants have turned green, and in Fall, fire danger is high due to abundant dry leaves
- and dead grass. Warm, windy weather in both seasons also contribute to elevated fire risk.
- Always be sure to use proper burn barrel when burning outdoors during legal hours.
- Call your fire department for info about local burning.
- ORC 1503.18 is enforced by the Ohio Division of Forestry
- Call 877-247-8733 with Questions.
Ohio Administrative Code 3745.19 Regarding Outdoor Burning is inforced by the Ohio EPA.
- EPA notification is required for many types of open burns in Ohio.
- Call 614-644-2270 with questions or visit: www.epa.ohio.gov/dapc/general/openburning.aspx
- for complete rules and to find your local EPA office or air pollution control agency.
EPA Basics for Homeowners
Materials NEVER to be burned at any time or any place in Ohio:
- Food Waste
- Dead Animals
- Materials containing rubber, grease, asphalt, or made from petroleum
- Fires must be more than 1000 feet from neighbor's inhabited building.
- No burning when air pollution alert, warning, or emergency
- Fire/smoke cannot obscure visibility on roadway, railway, or airfields.
- No waste generated off the premises may be burned.
- No burning within village or city limits or restricted areas
- OBEY OPEN BURNING LAWS AVOID CITATION, BE SAFE!
MAIL DUES AND FEES TO:
P.O. BOX 209
MAINEVILLE, OHIO 45039
The Board of Directors instuted a change in the membership application process to upgrade
our campground. A prospective member must be pre-approved by the Board.
A background application with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 must be submitted
to the L.H.P.O.A. Treasurer before a lot is purchased. A criminal background check will be done.
STARTING JAN 1, 2011 THE DUES WILL BE $40.00 A MONTH
FOR 12 MONTHS A YEAR NOT 13 MONTHS.
FROST FREE HYDRANTS
ANYONE HAVING A FROST FREE HYDRAND MUST REMOVE THEM OR BRING THEM UP TO
HOCKING COUNTY'S CODE, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CODE IS SEE MARK BOWENS AS
HE WILL BE INSTALLING ONE AT OUR MAIN OFFICE AND WILL HAVE PICTURES AND PRINTS.
BUILDING PERMITS MUST BE FILLED OUT AND APPROVED BY TONY FRAZIER
LOT 254 &255 BEFORE ANY BUILDING IS STARTED ON YOUR LOT.
This is a legal frostproof hydrant that can be installed at our campgrounds.
This hydrant cost around $700.00.
THE FOLLOWING NOTICE WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL ILLEGALLY PARKED VEHICLES. ( PARKING OF VEHICLES ) IN THE ROADWAY IS PROHIBITED.
THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS PRACTICE. OUR ROADS ARE NARROW AND WE NEVER KNOW WHEN A EMERGENCY VEHICLE MAY NEED ACCESS.
MAYBE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK PARKED IN THE WRONG PLACE WILL BLOCK THE ACCESS. IT MAY BE YOU OUR YOUR FAMILY THAT NEED HELP!
TURN-AROUND OR CUL-DE-SACS ARE FOR OVERFLOW PARKING, AS WELL AS PARKING PLACES IN THE HOLLOW. JUST USE COMMON SENSE, DON'T BLOCK A DRIVEWAY.
ANYONE CAUGHT DUMPING ANYTHING ILLEGALLY, OTHER THAN ( EVERYDAY GARBAGE ) EXCLUDES TIRES, BATTERIES, PROPANE TANKS, APPLIANCES,
BUILDING MATERIALS, GRILLS, FURNITURE, WILL BE FINED $100.00 PER INCIDENT.